Subject: Re: Paint or Engraving? Leica--Danny
From: Leikon35@aol.com
Date: Fri, 3 Oct 1997 20:36:39 -0400 (EDT)

  As I wrote before Danny - "I had always thought that ---------
 I have been wrong in my thoughts before -------
 No offense meant - only what I had thought, since it was  not
 really a Comm. but just a factory promo. for dealers to loan
 out, but instead, many of them removed the Summilux and
 sold both seperately.
   My only interest in them was almost being the winner of the
 one that Hans Brandstatter donated for the LHSA annual
 meeting.  My name was the 2nd called but I was not there.
   Again Danny, this has nothing to do with you but simply
 what I had thought.  Hey man - don't be so sensitive.
   I don't read German either but I think that "Gravur die"
 refers to a map of Germany, not to engraving per se.
 Maybe our German speaking members would enlighten us.

 Marvin Moss
<<
 Leikon35@aol.com wrote:

 >  Where is there any reference to the map being engraved?
 >  I had always thought that they were silk-screened & were
 >  meant to be removed by those that didnt want their Leica
 >  to be defaced by advertising.
 >
 >  Marvin Moss

 Marvin,

 I have to say that I feel a touch uncomfortable not being taken at my word.
Was it
 something I said previously or just a bad day?

 Unless Leica is using some very smart acids in their silk screening process,
this is an
 definitely an engraving (and a tastefully beautiful one at that. Not a
garish
 'advertising'slogan). Though I can't read German and so, have no idea if it
specifically
 mentions engraving (though this 'Gravur die' does sound correct), I assure
all that it is
 an engraving.

 I'll repost the entire article that Peter Zaretzke posted earlier because,
God knows, you
 surely wouldn't take only my word as sufficient proof. If this line of
questioning is some
 sort of a signal that my participation here is not welcome, I'd appreciate a
direct notice
 and criticism.

 >>ehr geehrter Herr Zaretzke,
 > Die LEICA Partner-Aktion Deutschland 1996 bestand aus eine limitierte
 > Auflage von je 500 LEICA M6- und LEICA R7-Kameras (beide schwarz
 > verchromt). Diese Kameras trugen auf der Deckkappe oben als Gravur
 > die Silhouette der Bundesrepublik Deutschland sowie die Aufschrift
 > "Leica Partner-Aktion Deutschland 1996".
 > Beide Kameras waren im Rahmen der Partner-Aktion als Test- oder
 > Demo-Modelle f|r den aktiven Einsatz beim Leica Interessenten
 > bestimmt.
 > Die Partner M6 wurde im Set : Kamera + Summilux-M 1,4/35 mm ASPH +
 > Bereitschaftstasche angeboten.
 > Diese Aktion lief im Februar/Mdrz 1996.
 > Seriennummernkreise wurden f|r diese Kameras nicht festgehalten.

 Danny Gonzalez