Subject: Re: M6 versus M3
From: Richard DeLuca <odyssey@spectra.net>
Date: Fri, 3 Oct 1997 20:29:15 -0400

>I am wondering if I should take advantage of the current discount and
>trade my M3 for a new M6.
_SNIP_

>One other question:  How firm are the advertised prices?  Is $1995 it or
>will dealers deal when you actually get there with plastic in hand??
>
>Steve

One small point, Steve.  If you want to 'deal' on a camera (or anything
else) you don't use plastic.  Stores pay a service charge for accepting
credit cards, usually 1.6 to 3 percent of the total price, including tax.
So..... if the dealer knows you, you are always more likely to get a better
discount with a check.  Or, if the dealer doesn't know you, use CASH.

BTW, I own both an M3 and an M6.  Since I rarely use wide-angle lenses, I
prefer the M3's almost lifesize finder.  I also like the heft and balance
better.  Just a personal thing :)

Best Regards,
Rich