Subject: Re: Summitar / Iris?
From: Leikon35@aol.com
Date: Wed, 1 Oct 1997 01:47:49 -0400 (EDT)

 Marc -

 I don't know what Barney means by "funky f-stops" but I have always
 wondered what the reason was for using double iris blades on some
 Summitars and hexagon (?) on others and even a convex shaped iris
 in addition to the normal issue. Any ideas would be appreciated.

 Marvin Moss

<<
 Now, I love the Summitar:  it was my first Leica lens, and I've owned a
 bunch and still own and shoot with the first one I ever had.  But what is
 'one with the funky f-stops'?  Have I missed something?

 Marc