Subject: Subject: RE: rangefinder focusing
From: Jorg Willems <jorg@salesmedia.com>
Date: Tue, 30 Sep 1997 12:39:14 -0400

Hi Steven,

It's second nature if it IS second nature.

If I am in an environment where the light is rather constant, I chose my =

aperture for creative reasons (Bildgestaltung?) and set depth of field =
that=20
it covers infinity to what ever is left.  When I am in a hurry I just =
shoot=20
and hope.  If I have a second I adjust.
I got my first T400CN back and I like it very much.

It's all 2nd nature - yes?

J=F6rg

am i the only one?? my habit for years has been to, when 1st approching =
subject, to virtually subconsciously set the lens at an a guessed =
distance
before i even bring the camera up.  then i only have to fine tune the
focus.

this business of resetting the lens each time to infinity is an =
unnecessary
step.  shooting sessions fall into patterns:  you are moving in at a =
rate
(usually of walking), you are stationary (no need for radical refocus) =
etc.

its all 2nd nature - no?

steven blutter