Subject: Re: Who use Leica in the world?
From: Donal Philby <donalphilby@earthlink.net>
Date: Mon, 29 Sep 1997 22:14:53 -0800

Ian Stanley wrote:
>         How's Hawaii?  That's one place I have never made it to yet but it is on
> my list.  Our favourite vacation spot is in Krabi Province of Thailand
> where we spend our time at a nice secluded beach that is only accessible by
> boat.  Bungalows are available as well as a few restaurants but the place
> is not crowded or too touristy.  There is even a nudist section at one end
> of the beach - the perfect place for an all over tan.  Where going back
> this December for the fourth year in a row.

Ian
Thanks for notes on Diane and Eric

Hawaii crowded and growing and still rampant with politics and greed
like it has been since the missionaries and whalers arrived      The few
locals I have talked to wonder where to go next since all islands
getting so crowded    Traffic here pretty heavy and moves fast    Still
some beautiful places      I am still in decompress mode and just
starting to make connections for photos

my pidgin english improving  I made smart alec remark to girlfriend and
she says `hey--you wan` one puff leap?         An` compeuda keyboard
steal all bus` up

Off to `secret` beach tomorrow to maybe swim with group of spinner
dolphins who live there       Also plan on shooting fairly new coffee
plantations that are replacing sugar cane production      many large
thick columns of smoke today from burning cane fields before
cutting        But it is sure green      Hope to get a little way into
Alikai Swamp where is wettest average rainfall on earth    Sure would
like to borrow your leica for that trip

Donal Philby
Kauai Hawaii