Subject: Re: Filters (Eric)
From: Paul Schliesser <paulsc@eos.net>
Date: Tue, 30 Sep 97 01:48:43 -0400

>Stranger things have been said, however. Somewhere in the last couple
>of years, since I've become interested in Minox, I read a fellow saying
>that because early Minox cameras used a curved film plane to
>accommodate the lense's inability to focus properly at the edges of the
>film, it was necessary to use a similarly curved negative holder in the
>enlarger's light path to compensate.

Roger,

I remember seeing an ad a long time ago, for a system where you used the
camera's taking lens for enlarging and projection. I can't remember what
the system was. The big advantage, was that any aberations or distortion
in the image caused by the lens when you took the photo were supposed to
be removed when the image went BACK through the lens the other way during
enlarging or projection. Now, I'm no optical scientist, but I'd think
that in real life the distortion and aberations would be multiplied
rather than removed.

- - Paul