Subject: Re: Autofocus Enlargers and focus calibration
From: Eric Welch <ewelch@ponyexpress.net>
Date: Mon, 29 Sep 1997 11:57:36 -0500

At 09:46 AM 9/28/97 -0400, you wrote:
>Another little autofocus hint.  I ALWAYS use (quality AN) glass carriers -
>even for 35mm work.  I work clean in my darkroom so dust is not a
>problem...so neither is negative pop and associated focus issues.

The problem with non-Leica autofocus enlarger makers, they don't have
Leica's 70+ years working with rangefinder cameras, which is the same basic
principle as AF on enlargers. Thus, according to the Modern Photography
review of the V35, autofocus doesn't work in enlargers, except for the Leicas.

When you say the Agfa was built better than the Focotars, in what way?
Bigger? More precision? (Which I doubt). Optically?

Eric Welch
St. Joseph, MO

 Give me ambiguity or give me something else.