Subject: RE: Canon F-1s
From: "BIRKEY, DUANE" <dbirkey@hcjb.org.ec>
Date: Fri, 26 Sep 1997 15:52:37 -0500

>If Looking for a good bargin on good equipment and want a manual
camera look
>into an older Canon F1 and 300 2.8.  The F1 with motor runs appx 6fps,
will
>work on ALL shutter speeds without batteries, has a bright viewfinder,
and is
>relatively more inexpensive than the newer EOS gear or Nikon.
>- --
>Harrison McClary

As a user of 3 F-1fn's, I can tell you they are great cameras.  But
they only get 5 frames a second with a motor (which uses 12 AA
batteries) and they only work without batteries from 1/60th (or 1/90th,
someone who reads instruction manuals will have to tell you cause I
don't remember)  to 1/2000.   I carry spare batteries!

I wouldn't use the old mechanical F-1's,  screens are too dark and it
doesn't  have spot metering, and the meter is turned on and off by a
knob vs the shutter release.  (it also uses a 625 battery)  The motors
were clunky too!

For what it's worth,

Duane Birkey
HCJB World Radio