Subject: Re: Filters
From: Eric Welch <ewelch@ponyexpress.net>
Date: Thu, 25 Sep 1997 23:19:24 -0500

At 11:31 AM 9/25/97 -0700, you wrote:
>Conclusion. Don't be obsessive about anything. Properly maintain your
>equipment. Keep your lenses clean. Keep your filters clean. Make up your
>own mind when, where, and how to use filters. But by all means...
>photograph, photograph, photograph.

You said it better than me!

As for references, sheesh, you want me to dig up old books and brochures
from the early 80s? Sorry, I went through a flood and lost some good books
and material. But I'll look around anyway.

And when Leica was talking about obsessive cleaning, they meant those
people who think three or four "motes" of dust will ruin image quality.

Just don't do what a guy in one camera store reported. Said a guy came in
with a horrible looking lens, and he asked him how he cleaned it. The guy
picked up the lens and licked it.

(And I just read all my messages. I'll shut up for a while and listen!)

Eric Welch
St. Joseph, MO

We are born naked, wet and hungry. Then things get worse.