Subject: Re: M6 speed problems
From: Jim Zietz <jzietz@unix1.sncc.lsu.edu>
Date: Thu, 25 Sep 1997 08:11:19 -0500

<<Also, at 1000 the shutter speed is uneven across the frame, showing 2
darker vertical bars near the left edge and 1 darker bar near the right
edge.>>

I also have this problem. I tested, and then retested my M6 and 2 M3's. The
M6 was way off at 1/1000 and off a little at 1/500. The M3's were both off
a little at 1/1000 to 1/250.

By off, I mean that the density was inconsistent across the gate. In
regular use, being slightly off doesn't show up. I originally noticed the
problem on the M6, and the resulting photographs are useless.

Does anyone know if there is a simple adjustment to fix this problem?

My warranty just ran out.