Subject: Center Sharpness f:0.95/f:1.0
From: Leikon35@aol.com
Date: Wed, 24 Sep 1997 01:27:04 -0400 (EDT)

   I have just been chatting with an ex aerial photographer
who has informed me that normally there is a 40-50%
overlap beteen frames and that only the Center 25% of
the image is used to in making a mosiac for a map.
   This means that a lens for aerial work must be very
sharp in the center & the rest is expendable since it isn't
used.  This might or might not account for the alleged
use of the un-holy Canon lens by our un-holy agency.
   How about it Irwin & Mark and any ex aerial photogs
on the LUG;  Do you get flare from the infra red band?

Marvin