Subject: Re: Z2X- a bit long sorry
From: Richard Clompus <rclompus@voicenet.com>
Date: Tue, 23 Sep 1997 22:40:13 -0400

Deal Fellow LUGnuts,

Thank you Alastair for the comprehensive report of your experiences and
your wife's experiences with the new Z2X from Leica. I have a Contax T2 and
TVS cameras as my point and shoot equipment.  I have been very pleased with
the lenses, autofocus and exposure systems on these cameras.  I was hoping
the Leica Z2X would begin to knock the Contax's from their position at the
top of the lot.  Unfortunately, I was hoping too much on this end.

My recommendation to Leica would be to redesign the shape of the Minilux to
that of the old Leica Standard (circa 1932).  The ends of the Minilux are
too square.  They should be rounded just like the end of the M6.  Then the
camera would not only work well but would be a pleasure to hold.

My two cents worth,

Richard
Richard Clompus, OD
West Chester, PA, USA