Subject: Re: Interview questions-off topic sort of.
From: Donal Philby <donalphilby@earthlink.net>
Date: Tue, 23 Sep 1997 18:58:58 -0800

Tina Manley wrote:

> At 11:13 AM 9/23/97 -0800, you wrote:
> >Have they quit teaching how to interview in journalism schools?  I have
> >at least one good book on the subject that everyone should read.  I just
> >force fed it this summer to my younger daughter in journalism school.
> >It helped.
> >
> Donal:  What is the book?  My daughter will enter journalism school next
> year.  Thanks!  Tina

Tina,
"The Art of Interviewing"  Author's last name is Brady.  Daughter still
has it.  May be out of print.  I bought it 20 years ago.  Absolute
smasher.  On those rare instances that I watch tv news, I swear I want
to buy a bunch to have to send to reporters.

If you can't find, I'll get copy back from daughter and send it out with
copy of Ted Grant's book (but don't tell him--you are supposed to buy
one, ya' know!  I did, and treasure it, but also figure if I ever
produce a book, I have a guaranteed sale of at least one copy.)

Donal Philby
San Diego