Subject: Re: Summicron 90
From: Robert Sproul <sproul@sc.edu>
Date: Mon, 22 Sep 1997 09:25:46 -0400

>I've just returned from 10 tiring days away in Adelaide and Hobart
>attending rather boring meetings, and learning little. Sad really. One
>little gem was found, a black f2 90 summicron M. The asking price is about
>$1200 US and the lens is in perfect nick. I've not thought about the 90
>range, and would appreciate some comments, especially WRT the price and
>performance. As I recall there was a bit of 90 traffic going on just when I
>left, but that was the Tele-elmarit if I recall.
>
>TIA
>
>Cheers,
>
>Alastair Firkin,
>
>http://users.netconnect.com.au/~firkin/AGFhmpg.html

I purchased a Canadian 90/2 new in 1972 and have used it ever since. No
complaints about the performance, nly the weight is noticeable over the
Elmarit. However, the Summicron beats the socks off the Elamrit at f2. I
have both lenses, BTW, and carry the Summicron if I beleive I'm going to
need that extra stop.

Robert Sproul

sproul@sc.edu