Subject: Re: Flash for M6? & Off Topic: Metz colour temperature
From: D Khong <dkhong@pacific.net.sg>
Date: Fri, 19 Sep 1997 05:54:59 +0000

At 10:29 AM 18/9/97 -0500, you wrote:
>At 01:11 PM 9/17/97 -0700, you wrote:
>>
>>I'd like to have a compact flash unit to use occasionally, almost
>>exclusively with the 35mm Summicron...
>>
>>Suggestions, please?
>
>I have a tiny little Minolta flash unit that has a guide number of
>something like 20 or 30 (feet, not meters!) that is perfect on top of an M6
>for fill. Just have to remember not to open up wide without turning or
>taking it off.

>Eric Welch
>St. Joseph, MO
>My computer's sick. I think my modem is a carrier.

I use one of the small Metz flash with guide number of 20.  It is oblong in
cross section (when viewed from the front) and complements the roundness of
the M6.

Someone told me that the Metz tube delivers light which is closest to
daylight (5500K) in colour temperature.  Is this statement correct?

Dan K.