Subject: Re: M6 "Partner Aktion Deutschland" for sale
From: dannyg1@IDT.NET
Date: Mon, 15 Sep 1997 05:41:20 +0000

Roger,

An extremely helpful individual named Peter Zaretzke, had Leica answer my LUG
request for info on the camera. He did post the result of his efforts here and I dug it out
for you. Many thanks again to Peter:

Date: Tue, 10 Jun 1997 11:13:52 +0200
From: Peter Zaretzke <pza@software-ag.de>

Danny Gonzalez wrote:

> Peter,

> Can you give me any info as to the total production of the Partner
> Aktion Deutschland M6? No-one can give any clue to how limited the edition
> is/was  and, since I own one, I'm very interested in knowing > more
> about it. Do you have any idea what the edition celebrates?

> Thanks,
> Danny Gonzalez

Hi Danny,

The "LEICA Partner-Aktion Deutschland 1996" was a limited edition
of 500 Leica M6 and 500 Leica R7 cameras, both black chrome.
The M6 came together with a Summilux-M 1,4/35 mm ASPH lens and
(n)ever ready bag ;-). The intension for this edition was: "demo and
test for Leica prospects".
The serial numbers are not recorded. The time period was Feb./Mar. 96.

This is the german reply from Leica:

> Sehr geehrter Herr Zaretzke,
> Die LEICA Partner-Aktion Deutschland 1996 bestand aus eine limitierte > Auflage von je 500 LEICA M6- und LEICA R7-Kameras (beide schwarz
> verchromt). Diese Kameras trugen auf der Deckkappe oben als Gravur
> die Silhouette der Bundesrepublik Deutschland sowie die Aufschrift
> "Leica Partner-Aktion Deutschland 1996".
> Beide Kameras waren im Rahmen der Partner-Aktion als Test- oder
> Demo-Modelle f|r den aktiven Einsatz beim Leica Interessenten
> bestimmt.
> Die Partner M6 wurde im Set : Kamera + Summilux-M 1,4/35 mm ASPH +
> Bereitschaftstasche angeboten.
> Diese Aktion lief im Februar/Mdrz 1996.
> Seriennummernkreise wurden f|r diese Kameras nicht festgehalten.

I hope this helps.

Peter
- --