Subject: Re: Speculations on new M:s
From: "shawnl@earthlink.net" <shawnl@earthlink.net>
Date: Sun, 14 Sep 1997 13:01:09 -0400

>I dont like the idea of buying a current M6, only to see my dream camera
>M6J introduced on the market in a few months.
>
>Well, this is only speculations, but I am surprised that the LUG-mails
>announcing these rumours never got any reactions on this list. Maybe it is
>because they only are... rumours.

Until you hear it from the source, that's exactly what these new "models"
are... rumors.  You'd be better off buying for your needs rather than
betting on something that might not materialize for a year, if at all.

In a computer magazine, I once read a columnist who said that the gains
you get by waiting for the next generation of a product to come out are
well offset by the loss of your time until that happens, because if you
listen to that instinct, you'll never buy and continue to wait for the
next new thing.