Subject: Zeiss on my Leica
From: Edward Meyers <aghalide@panix.com>
Date: Sat, 13 Sep 1997 21:51:02 -0400 (EDT)

Here's a wild one. I bought a 20mm f/4 Carl Zeiss Jena
Flectagon with Exakta mount. Then I attached the Exakta
to Minolta SLR adapter to this lens. Then I placed it into
the Minolta to Leica M adapter (made for the Leicina).
Now, with guess focusing, I use the lens on my M3. I get
a little more than the 21mm finder shows on film. I haven't
tried it yet on my M5, but it should work as the lens
is a retrofocus type and does not protrude into the camera.
The Minolta to Leica M adapter also lets me use my Minolta
fisheye lens on the M3. For a finder I built one up using
an old 21mm Zeiss finder (sorry collectors) and taped a
negative element, from a 16mm Bolex movie camera viewfinder,
on the end of it. It gives me a view of about 17 or 18mm.
Boy, am I having fun...Ed Meyers