Subject: Re: HEKTOR 125/2.5
From: "Roger Beamon" <beamon@primenet.com>
Date: Sat, 13 Sep 1997 08:53:12 -0700

On 12 Sep 97,  Jim Brick wrote:

<snip>

>You can bracket without 1/2 shutter speeds, but you run the
> risk of screwing-up your depth of field by using f/stops instead.
> Especially when doing macro work.
>
> This is MHO.

OTOH, I bracket willingingly, albeit by necessity, with full shutter
speed excursions. Even chromes take nicely to this, by a lot of
peoples' standards, gross bracketing technique. Before, with the EOS
1n, I honestly could seldom see the differences in 1/3 stop bracketing
and just barely discern 1/2 stop brackets.

Usually do bracketing, however, for macro and close stuff where I'm on
the pod with plenty of time to work out the variables such as whether
to bracket by shutter speed or f stops or both.

- --
Roger Beamon
       Naturalist & Photographer
       Leica Historical Society Of America
       mailto:beamon@primenet.com

          Thought for the day:
      It is wrong to ever split an infinitive.