Subject: HELP needed to rescue a film
From: c.blaue@bmsg.de
Date: Wed, 10 Sep 1997 23:23:21 +0200

Dear LUG

HELP HELP!
Please excuse me shouting to you, but I need urgent help:

Tonight I did the following stupid things:

- - Developed an Agfa APX25 in Ilford ID11 (well, the stupid thing still has to
  come)
- - Started fixing with pretty old fixer (Tetenal standard, no rapid fixer). The
  film became clear very quick, but stayed a bit dark. So I thought that the
  fixer might be TOO old.
- - Here it comes:
  I stopped after approximately 4 Minutes the fixing, washed twice with clean
  water and opened a bottle of Ilford Hypam rapid fixer which I had never used
  before (AAARRRGGGHHHH).
- - I put the fixer in the development tank while reading the instructions. They
  said to fix two minutes.
  BUT I SHOULD HAVE DILUTED IT and I didn't (AAARRRGGGHHHH)!
- - So I fixed it for about 2 minutes with the liquid being a bit thick or oily,
  watered the film extensively and the film looks great.

It is drying right now (without any detergent) and my question is:

1. should I fix it again correctly?
2. If I fix it again - could it spoil the film?

It is the only film from my daughters first school day and - just to stay on
topic - I took all pictures with an M6. It would be a pitty if it would darken
in the future.

If anyone could help me I would be really delighted. Since I am on the digest
I would appreciate direct e-mail. I will post a summary.

christoph