Subject: 28mm Elmarit-M hood problem
From: Joe Berenbaum <joe-b@dircon.co.uk>
Date: Wed, 10 Sep 1997 00:34:06 +0100 (BST)

I have a 28mm Leitz Canada Elmarit-M, third version. The front of the lens,
including the front element, rotates very slightly when it is moved-
probably only a degree or so of rotation. I suppose 18 years of twisting the
hood on and off (it is quite a tight fit) must have loosened things up a
bit. The results on film are fine. I don't really like to put the hood on
this lens now in case it will make it looser still. Has anyone else
experienced this problem, and does anyone have an opinion on what I should
do about it? I think I could get it tightened up, but I am concerned that it
might just work loose again.

Joe Berenbaum