Subject: Need Lens Recommendation for M
From: Richard Clompus <rclompus@voicenet.com>
Date: Tue, 09 Sep 1997 07:49:34 -0400

Dear Fellow LUGnuts,

All of this talk about older Leica lenses has gotten my interest up in
getting one to re-create a look from a previous era.  Most of the older
designs talked about on the LUG seem to be screw mount lenses.

Could anyone suggest either a 35mm or 50mm older lens with a bayonet mount
that may give me more of that "Leica" glow?  Maybe I could just take a new
50mm Summicron and scratch the front surface enough so that it contributes
more glow <bg>  Interesting thought that the more you use your lenses and
scratch them up, the more glow you get and the more characteristic Leica
images they produce.  Now where's that sand paper I keep in the garage?

Thanks,

Richard
Richard Clompus, OD
West Chester, PA, USA