Subject: Re: Japanese "M" mount
From: Eric Welch <ewelch@ponyexpress.net>
Date: Mon, 08 Sep 1997 11:09:50 -0500

At 11:08 PM 9/7/97 -0400, you wrote:
>I think this may have been true in 1975, but now the film is so sharp that
>often lenses are the weakenst link. Fujicolor 100 has finer resolution than
>both Velvia and Kodachrome 64. Tmax 100 can resolve almost anything.

Not Leica lenses. The 100 Apo Macro, the 180 Apo telyts (plural) and the
70-180 sound like they'd give most films a run for the money. And there's a
new Kodachrome due out that's supposed to be 100 and fine grain like 25.
Let's hope!

>I'll take a Bogen tripod over Gitzo, I'll buy the grey market Velvia, but
>give me premium glass.

I love my Gitzo, that takes a beating with no problem at all. (On sale,
cheap).

Eric Welch
Grants Pass, OR

An SB-26 is a case for holding dead batteries.