Subject: Re: Japanese "M" mount
From: Thomas Kachadurian <kach@freeway.net>
Date: Sun, 07 Sep 1997 23:08:57 -0400

At 11:10 PM 9/6/97 -0400, you wrote:
> I think we should all remember that the camera and lens are only as good as
>the person who uses it and in most cases modern lenses can outperform most
>commonly used film, particularly if you are a black/white or color neg film
>shooter.
 comes true!
>Tom

I think this may have been true in 1975, but now the film is so sharp that
often lenses are the weakenst link. Fujicolor 100 has finer resolution than
both Velvia and Kodachrome 64. Tmax 100 can resolve almost anything.

It is fairly easy to see the difference between lenses with 4x6 prints from
a decent quality lab.

I'll take a Bogen tripod over Gitzo, I'll buy the grey market Velvia, but
give me premium glass.

Tom