Subject: Re: Rewind lever jam with M-winder
From: "Roger Beamon" <beamon@primenet.com>
Date: Sat, 6 Sep 1997 16:49:35 -0700

On  6 Sep 97,  ABreull@aol.com wrote:

> There are probably far more competent persons in this group .. but
> since nobody answered till now: My winder never made those described
> sounds, always moved smoothe and easy, and the M4-2 counted correct -
> no matter what special button, switch or whatever I used, moved or
> pressed.
>
> Sorry, that I can't translate what your winder tries to say, but it
> certainly sounds urgent...

I'll second what Alf said. It *certainly* isn't normal! Never had a
grinding feel/sound to the wind on. If I did, I'd get it to a competent
repair person ASAP! That goes for a variety of all brands of bodies
throughout a lot of years. Current Leica bodies are, if not "buttery",
certainly quite smooth.

Good Luck,

- --
Roger Beamon