Subject: Re: Lens Hood for 50mm DR Summicron
From: ABreull@aol.com
Date: Fri, 5 Sep 1997 01:10:24 -0400 (EDT)

In einer eMail vom 04.09.1997  22:49:45, schreiben Sie:

>Now, here is my question:  The DR results are also great, but side by
>side to the ASPH you can definitely see a difference in contrast.  (less)
>So, I think I must get a lens hood.

Why don't you try the original one - most traders of used gear have used
hoods in an extra box also. I remember, that there was a rather intelligent
reasoning for the construction of the original lens hood in "Leica
Fotografie" (late 60s). But, before you ask: sorry, I don't have the magazine
anymore.

Besides, the contrast of both the 35 ASPH ('cron & 'lux) are rather strong,
compraed to the "old" 50 mm Summicron. The new 50 mm Summicron shows the
stronger contrast also, but looses a part of it's original bokeh by that (the
unsharp areas are too "blocky" with the impression of "unrestlessness").

- -Alf