Subject: Re: Lens Caps
From: Marc James Small <msmall@roanoke.infi.net>
Date: Thu, 04 Sep 1997 23:13:41 -0400

At 08:44 PM 9/4/97 -0700, Bill Welch wrote:

The lens-cap-with-a-stud was a Leica frill many, many years gone by -- the
stud is in the same thread as camera tripods (I forget whether European or
US standard, and it is simply too late for me to look it up).

The idea was that you would screw the lens cap onto your camera's tripod
socket and thus not be as likely to lose it.

Marc

msmall@roanoke.infi.net  FAX:  +540/343-7315
Cha robh bas fir gun ghras fir!