Subject: Re: Paparazzi &Princess Di
From: Chuck Warman <cwarman@wf.net>
Date: Wed, 03 Sep 1997 06:58:24 -0500

At 11:28 PM 9/2/97 -0700, you wrote:
>While I think it is an awful tragedy that this young woman and two men
>should die before their time, especially in such a violent and sudden
>fashion, I have to agree with Alf that the treatment of this event as a
>public spectacle and the reaction of Diana's fans against the paparazzi is
>really quite hypocritical.  If Diana was a victim of the paparazzi and
>their editors who published photographs of her despite her unwillingness to
>have them taken, then also she was a victim of her fans who eagerly snapped
>them up.

Well, I am no fan of Diana, and I don't blame the paparazzi alone for her
death.  As I posted earlier, there is blame enough to spread around here.
Diana, her boyfriend, the driver, the paparazzi, the tabloid publishers,
and the ghouls who buy their drivel -- all can have a piece of it.

But, not being a professional photographer and not having any particular
interest in celebrities, I had only a vague understanding of how out of
control the paparazzi had gotten. IMO, it needs to be fixed -- either by a
Sean Penn law, or possibly by building a 30-foot legal "wall" of protection
around celebrities.  It's been done to pro-lifers, why not to the paparazzi?

Chuck
Chuck Warman
cwarman@wf.net    (Wichita Falls, TX)