Subject: Re: off topic/my opinion on Salgado "Terra"
From: Eric Welch <ewelch@ponyexpress.net>
Date: Tue, 02 Sep 1997 21:27:35 -0500

At 12:39 PM 9/2/97 +0300, you wrote:
>Not exactly. At least until very recently he used R6.2, three of them for
>a typical assignement. Mostly with 28, 35 and 60, the macro one. Sometimes
>80-200.

Wow, he's using longer lenses. And you are right, it's the 60 macro, not
the 50 so much.

>and Terra). I suspect that he used more M in his early days (the image
>smoothness and the way how he captured motion in the 1/15 realm). At

I have my doubts that the difference is the lenses, because nowadays, the R
lenses are just as good, or better than the M lenses, the aspherics excepted.

But the shutters on the R4 series cameras, and probably the R6(.2) cameras
could shake up a bit more than the M cameras, though I have been able to
shoot hand held down to 1/4 sec. on a regular basis with the R4. With the
R7 it's even better, but my own shaking won't let me go slower very often.

Eric Welch
Grants Pass, OR

Maintenance-free: When it breaks, it can't be fixed