Subject: Re: Leicameters
From: Dan Cardish <dcardish@microtec.net>
Date: Sat, 30 Aug 1997 15:30:08 -0400

At 02:03 PM 30-08-97 -0400, you wrote:
>I am contemplating the purchase of a Leicameter MR-4 (the narrow-angle Cds
>model, the last one produced) which is currently in operating condition, to
>use on my M2. (I know a hand-held meter would work but this counds more
>convenient).  I called Leica US in NJ and they said they can repair them, but
>then the parts guy ran down the list of no-longer-available parts and it
>sounded like everything important that could possibly go wrong (on-off
>switches, meter switches, resistors, meter cell, etc.).  Does anyone know of
>an independent facility that could truly repair one of these, no matter what
>should conk out?  I'd hate to spend $100-200 and have it turn into a
>paperweight.
>
>Thanks!
>Doc

It may not be cost effective, but Kindermann (Canada) claim to have
original parts for all leicas going back to 1925 production, and include
the MR meters in their price list for servicing.  The bad news is that they
charge $100 Can. for a CLA of a MR meter.

	Kindermann (Canada)
	361 Steelcase Rd. W, Unit $3
	Markham, Ontario  L3R 3V8

	905-940-9262