Subject: M6 Concerns
From: "Ferdinand U. LuDo" <fld@mozcom.com>
Date: Sat, 30 Aug 1997 13:21:24 +0800

Hello Luggers,

Just want you all to know that I've written Leica, Germany  early this
month, both in the email & by mail addressing them the ff. problems in
their M6 cameras.

a.) Faulty frame counter were the counter would reset itself in the middle
of a roll
b.) Range finder alignment problems, as well as problem with vertical
adjustments
c.) Shutter problems at low speeds.
d.) Rewinding the film problems
e.) Metals parts were replaced with plastic parts example of this is the
gears on the frame counter

I even included testimonies of several owners of M6's both in this list and
some of my friend's abroad regarding the persistent problems of the M6
especially the newer ones. I cannot really wait to see the expressions of
their faces when they read testimonies of M6 owners writing in the lines
off, "I have several cameras and the one that gave me the most problems is
the M6 and the problems are the same-shutter problems at slow speeds."
There are others along in these lines !

To date thou, I have not receive or heard a word from them yet. I also
wrote to DAG and Sherrie Kreuter on these problems stated above & both have
not replied as well.

I needed the response of these people all the more now because as you all
know I ended up buying a new chrome M6 last week & when I opened the back,
a piece of metal fell off and the frame counter wouldn't work ! Ironic I
did a survey & ironically, most of the newer M6's are having the faulty
frame counter problem ! I just smiled when the counter of my new M wouldn't
work ! I know it was bound to happen. The dealer I got it from was nice &
she returned it to her source and her source gave her a new M6 this time
unsealed since her source tested it out before sending it in. I should
hopefully be getting it sometime Monday. My dealer also told me that she
sells a lot of them in years time but this is the first time something like
this happened ! btw my dealer is in manila, I live in Cebu, Philippines.

At any rate I'll post what Leica has to say about these problems we are
facing. If they dont respond by month end, I'll send them another letter.
Maybe this time, someone in this list can help me compose it since my
english is not very good !

Thanks,

Ferdinand