Subject: Re: What's Leica supposed to send Ted.
From: ted grant <75501.3002@CompuServe.COM>
Date: 29 Aug 97 19:35:24 EDT

Shawn wrote:
<<In addition, while for each person on this group who has a specific
complaint, there might be a hundred silent "lurkers" who don't speak up,
having had no problems at all.>>>>>>>

Hi Shawn,

Quite right! If one considers the number of vocal Lugnuts there are compared to
the overall numbers of Leica M camera owners in the world, this group represents
a tiny number worldwide.

Your comment is excellent, as the way it's been in here the past few days, it
sounds like all the M cameras in the world are going to hell in a hand basket!
:) Which obviously isn't true.:)

There does seem to be some kind of thing with the counters. However, how wide
spread it is, is another question. I would think that if it were as bad as
implied here, almost every M camera in the world has had or is having a counter
problem, which just isn't the case.  Got three and none has ever had a problem
and they're about 12 years old and well used and still going strong. Now I've
said that I better touch some heavy duty wood! :)

ted