Subject: Re: Was: What's Leica supposed to send me?
From: "Chen Weijann" <adisoon@pl.jaring.my>
Date: Fri, 29 Aug 1997 23:44:38 +0800

Hi,

just wanted to note that something Tinawrote struck a certain chord with
my. My titanium M6, made in 1993, does not reset the frame counter when the
base plate is removed. I wondered why this was so,because I bought it new,
and the manual said that the frame counter would automatically reset. To
overcome the problem, I have to reach in to a little hook at the base of
the camera and pull it. that done, the frame counter automatically resets.
I thought that perhaps this was an unreliable part of the M6, and a
situation that other M6owners live with. It has become so much of a routine
when changing film that I forgot to realise it's abnormailty. It was only
when after this, when I got a 1987 M6 that I realised there were M6's
around that never heard of such a thing!

- --adi

> Ben: I never had a problem with my first M6, but I bought one in June so
> could use one body for color and one for black and white.  The new one
first
> had problems with the counter.  It didn't reset when I loaded film.
That's