Subject: Re: Was: What's Leica supposed to send me?
From: ted grant <75501.3002@CompuServe.COM>
Date: 29 Aug 97 01:42:49 EDT

Ben wrote:

<<What are you folks doing to your M6s? Mine has never had a problem, and I whip
it as hard as any camera I have owned.>>>>>

g'evening Ben,.

I'm with you!  I was just about to say the same thing. We all know  glitches
happen in the bst of equipment, but I've had my M6's since they first came out
and hammered the daylights out of them for about 12 years and they have served
me well.  Hell they've never been serviced for anything, cleaning or otherwise.

It might be that there are a few with a camera having a problem and it is just
"one of those things", but by the sound of the wailing out there it looks like
eveybodies M6 is falling apart right in there hands!  And I don't beleive the
numbers of wrecks that appear to be happing are as big as it is being made to
sound.

Or some folks are really using their cameras for hammers!  And that's a big
difference to hammering with hundreds and hundreds of exposures. :)

Folks if it is as bad as it appears for servicing and breakdowns, may I suggest
that you all write to Leica in Germany for one and to Mr. Roger Horn of Leica
Camera in New Jersey.  And send hard copies by snail mail as something in your
hand and in your face is far more impressive than a bunch of e-mails that you
can get rid of with just a plink of a key.

Beating yourselves to pieces in the LUG is a good thing for venting your spleen,
but it doesn't put the complaints on the desk of the head guys of Leica.

ted