Subject: M6 + 22228
From: Lucien_vD <Lucien_vD@compuserve.com>
Date: Thu, 28 Aug 1997 16:09:15 -0400

Lucien -
> Please give me more information on the "cut" or machining of the
>22228 adapter; they are quite rare here in the States, selling for
>about $200 - $300 and I have only seen less than a half dozen
>in my whole life.  Were they cut by the owner or repairman or by
>Leica reps? =

Difficult to say, it never look nice.
But Leica Solms offer to cut mine when I complain that I can't use it on =
my
newer M6.
It work perfectly well with my 1985 M6. Later they add a black plate on t=
he
top of the chamber who was touched by  the bayonnet of the 22228.
The 22228 was made for the Leicina, not for the Ms anyway.
Dangerous with M6 and M5.

>Why on earth would Sr.Benatti go through all the =

>trouble of manufacturing a special adapter if it was so easy to
>modify the old one.

Good question. I hope they are cheaper!

>When you say "70% of the adapters you have seen" how many =

>do you actually mean? since I have only seen 5 or 6 myself?

Around 12.(Shops, fairs etc). There is one (cut) in a shop here in Brusse=
ls
that I intend to buy (I never cut mine but now that I just find a 21/3,4
for Leicaflex I need it) and in June I have buyed in a fair a 22233 (for
Minolta) who was also cut.
And this month I have seen one in USA (I don't remember where) who was al=
so
cut.