Subject: 35mm viewfinder + G1/G2
From: David Seifert <dseifert@earthlink.net>
Date: Thu, 28 Aug 1997 07:20:32 -0700

At 06:01 AM 8/28/97 -0400, Lucien_vD wrote:

[snip]
>The external 35mm brightline finder is very usefull with the KONIKA HEXAR.
>Because it is an autofocus and automatic camera, you can stick to the
>external viewfinder. BTW you can also use the 46mm filter made by Leica
>(or Contax).
>It give you Konika a Leica look :-)
>
>Lucien
>BELGIUM

Not to start a battle here, but doesn't the same apply to the Contax G1/G2?
I have always found the viewfinder to be the most objectionable aspect of
the camera but kind of liked the idea of an autofocus interchangeable lens
RF camera.  Since there isn't any focusing stuff in the VF anyway wouldn't
this approach make this otherwise interesting (and very reasonably priced,
relatively) "super point & shoot" really useable?  Imagine, the bright
viewfinder of a Leica with the best of modern AF.  What do you all think?

Best Regards,

David Seifert

Best Regards,

David Seifert and Oscar & Otis & Horton