Subject: Re: Rolleiflex 3003 System
From: Donal Philby <donalphilby@earthlink.net>
Date: Wed, 27 Aug 1997 16:46:31 -0800

Marc James Small wrote:
> I am a bit surprised by the remark about a 'limited' lens line:
> Rollei-marketed lenses for the system (1-pin for the SL35, 2-pin for the
> SL350 to SL35/Voigtlander VSL3-E, and 3-pin for the later models) ranging
> from the 3.5/15 Distagon (identical, of course, to the Leica Super-Elmar-R)
> to the massive 5.6/1000 Mirotar.  The 3003 really was the inexpensive way
> to get into Carl Zeiss lenses,

Marc,
First thing about age is that the memory goes.  And I forgot!  Maybe I
was thinking of the fast stuff only.  But anyway, a beautiful system
concept that probably appealed more to European tastes.

My one hesitation was the bandwagon syndrome.  It didn't look like much
would be available here, especially in rental and service.  That part
turned out correct.

You must be awfully young to know and remember so much or so old you
don't have anything else to do.  I'm in that limbo ground where I can't
remember what I can't remember.

Thanks for the poke in the brain.

Donal Philby
San Diego