Subject: Re: Leica R zoom lenses
From: "Dr. Elliot Puritz" <drpuritz@li.net>
Date: Wed, 27 Aug 1997 15:39:27 -0400

<snip>.

> Leica seems to be on a roll with updating their lens designs.  Short focal
> length M lenses seem to be acquiring aspheric elements since Leica has been
> able to produce them at a "reasonable" cost.  Longer focal length lenses
> seem to be going apochromatic.  I heard recently that the 90mm R lenses
> will go "apo" next.

> --------------------
> Richard Clompus, OD
> West Chester, PA, USA

Richard:

Agree that this is an interesting way for Leica to go.  I now use the
35summicron asph...this is really a marked improvement over the
previous summicron.  The edges show very little distortion, making the
full frame easily usable.  I know you are using the 1.4, hope you are
pleased.

I heard via the Leica grapevine that they will soon be coming out with
an M lens that will have a combined, all in one, 35-50-90, f4.  Don't
know any more details except the lens will be quite costly.  Better
keep working my friend!

All the best,

Elliot