Subject: Re: Planar/Summicron 35
From: Gary J Toop <gtoop@uoguelph.ca>
Date: Tue, 26 Aug 1997 12:43:33 -0400 (EDT)

On Tue, 26 Aug 1997, Erwin Puts wrote:

> Some people indicated their curiosity about Planar and Summicron
> performance:
(A very interesting comparison snipped.)

	Well, as someone who uses both Zeiss and Leitz optics, I found
that very interesting.  It sounds to me as though the Planar-T that you
tested was very similar in performance to the most recent non-ASPH 35
Summicron.  Is that correct? Given the similarities in design, it would
not be surprising.

	On another note, I would be curious to learn how the 90/2.8
Sonnar-T and the 90/2.8 Elmarit-M compare, if you have ever or will ever
make such a comparison.

Gary Toop