Subject: Re: New Leica Price Guide
From: Leikon35@aol.com
Date: Sat, 23 Aug 1997 18:16:40 -0400 (EDT)

Stefan & Christoph -

  Please dont argue the point with me, as the guide information for Europe
 was compiled by your own people & for US it was Stan Tamarkin.
  The values stated in the guide (which I have nothing to do with) refer to
 an amount that an item would change hands between private individuals.
   Camera stores, however, are in business to make a profit and sub-
 sequently sell their merchandise at "Retail" prices.  Similarily, when
 they purchase stock from individuals or other dealers, they pay a
"Wholesale price.  This is generally in the region of 50-75% of the
 retail figure.
   It should be remembered that in paying the retail price from a
 reputable dealer, you are paying for a warranty of a used items
 originality and condition.  None of these factors are included in
 private sales.

 It might behoove those that spout off at the mouth at the drop of a hat
 to read both the content of my message and the "Guide" in question:
 Preisfuhrer - Guide de Prix - Guida ai Prezzi - International Price Guide
  German Book Trade Distributor:  H.Lindemanns Buchhandlung
   Nadlerstrasse 10,  D70173 Stuttgart,  Germany

 This neu string is opened as a memorial service to poor "Riefenstahl"

        Marvin Moss

<<
 Marvin,

 the 2000,-DM the Hove book states for a mint M6 will just buy you a
 mint(!) M4-P in germany. M6's sell for around 3000,-DM and this is
 said enough about the value of such lists.

 best wishes

 Stefan