Subject: Re: Leni Riefenstahl
From: Detlef Beyer <d.beyer@hermes.de>
Date: Sat, 23 Aug 1997 14:19:10 +0200

>Nazi sympathies or not? This is really not the place to discuss such
>political issues (this is a Leica list after all).

You got several postings on this. I would never read a photomagazin wich
only covers techical details. And I like this list as it is. Nobody forces
you to read this stuff - get a working mail programm and use your own
filters.

Could we please all go
>back to our hobby/profession instead of starting such futile flames?

There was no flame until today - just a discussion about the content of
some photographs beeing shown in an recent exhibition.

>If not, we might as well debate about communist inspired photographers and
>so on, as communism is on the same line as Nazism (both ideologies killed
>millions, just think of Stalin's epurations and Goelags, up to Brezhnev's
>area).

Comparing doesn't reduce the guilty of somebody. It's impossible and
senseless to compare dead people. Does Stalin affect the qualitiy of the
facist killing machine? No. Let's talk about photography again and stop
mixing ideologies.
If there are photographers with work you do have problems with when they
are exhibited - let's talk about it. But please - no general discussion
about ideologies.

>Just proving how silly such discussions are!

IMHO you don't proof anything - sorry.

Detlef

<HANDMADE SIGNATURE>