Subject: Re: Stereo "M6"
From: Leikon35@aol.com
Date: Fri, 22 Aug 1997 21:22:53 -0400 (EDT)

 All of the many stereo gadjets that Leitz has made in the past, have been
 discontinued for many years ie: STEREOLY, STEMAR, FIATE (slide-bar)
 and thus very expensive collector items....But it is still possible, and has

 been done, to mount 2 cameras in tandem or one camera with a slide bar
 moving 3 inches (axial pupil distance).  Of course you are limited to still
 lifes since you will be taking 2 seperate slides seperated by the approx
 distance between an average persons eyes.

 This part is NO PROBLEM - the problem is that you will have 2 full frame
 chromes and how do you view them ( are there any stereo viewers that can
 utilize 2 full frames?)  The late Les Hobbs commissioned Larry Wyatt to
 make him a "DOPPEL" from 2 Mod I(A) bodies with 2 - 50/3.5 Elmars.
 It was a copy of Barnack's "DOPPEL"  but used 2 fulll frames instead of
 half frames & the 1st pic used frames #1 & #3 then 2 winds of the camera
 and next pic on frames #2 & #4.

 The last I heard was that Les's son had the camera for sale for only $7000.

    Cheers +++ Marvin Moss