Subject: Re: For what type of work do you use you leica?
From: Alistair_Stewart_at_LC4001@ccmailgw.mcgawpark.baxter.com
Date: Fri, 22 Aug 1997 13:04:49 -0500

- --IMA.Boundary.904372278

     Jill

     Welcome to the Loquacious Unbiased Group.

     I use my M6's (3), & M4-P, plus 28/2.8, 35/1.4 asph, 35/2, 75/1.4,
     90/2, + borrowed 50/2, 50/1 for urban street shooting, &
     photo-reportage to make exhibitions for local venues. I also have 3
     projects on the go (self-financed while I look for a publisher)

     a) Martin T. is a 56 year old Army veteran who has been on the
     streets, & in out of jail, rehab, etc for most of his life. He swears
     to God that when he gets out of his current stay in a VA hospital that
     he'll stick at the job that's been offered to him, stay of the booze,
     and generally clean up his act as old age stares him in the face. I'm
     documenting that journey...

     b) gentrification today of streets that 2 years ago were full of crack
     houses gives an interesting contrast of drug busts vs. yuppies moving
     in to make a real estate killing , and soooo much more.

     c) A small local non-for-profit loses its lease on a halfway house for
     battered women. I'm documenting the process of finding a builder,
     securing funding, building permission/land, and the actual
     construction to show what life is really like in the trenches of a
     non-for-profit from the director/workers perspective.

     I hope that this helps.

     BTW, what do you shoot with yours?

     Alistair