Subject: Re: 80-200 R Zoom Question
From: ted grant <75501.3002@CompuServe.COM>
Date: 22 Aug 97 00:24:58 EDT

Richard wrote:

<<<I wish I could take credit for the exposure but the camera did it all>>

Richard ,

doesn't that meter beat all?. It has made me look good time after time since I
got the R8 and I'm thoroughly convinced it must be one of the finest metering
systems this side of Mars. It's just marvelous how well it computes the settings
and creates perfect exposures time after time, particularly in the most
difficult of light situations!

<<<Has anyone compared Leica's two medium telephoto zoom lenses (the 80-200 and
the 70-180)?>>>

Well there isn't much comparison to be made with the 70-180 as it's an
absolutely incredible lens and I don't imagine there are many, if any, to match
it!

I've only heard and read good things about the 80-200 and I don't think you can
go wrong with it from what I've heard. But maybe others online  have hnd one
attached to their camera and have "real time" experience to quote from.

ted