Subject: Re: Trip to "Solmes"
From: Eric Meyer <74415.1305@CompuServe.COM>
Date: 21 Aug 97 12:13:18 EDT

To:  >INTERNET:Leica-users@mejac.palo-alto.ca.us

Michael Goldbard wrote:
  >> Perhaps private e-mail might have been the more appropriate
  >> outlet for your criticism.

     Perhaps it would have been for yours.  Perhaps you might have
asked Bill what he thinks first.  (I did hear from him, and he gave
no such indication.)  Perhaps I should just stop annoying myself by
subscribing to a list where all manner of random chatter passes
without comment, while a direct answer to a question really ought to
be kept out of sight.

     Bill asked for comments publicly, and did _not_ suggest private
or its standards, or LHSA and its politics, as many here are, I
thought that I (and others) might possibly learn something from
public discussion.  Had someone posted a photo for criticism, do you
imagine that it would be more productively conducted in private?...
No, just forget it; no point in an ongoing exchange over this.

              --  Eric Meyer.