Subject: Schneider 80-200 Zoom for R -Reply
From: Dave Stedman <DSTEDM@corp.atl.com>
Date: Tue, 19 Aug 1997 07:42:08 -0700

- --=_C79500D5.2D4C21A7

If I'm not mistaken, the lens in question is a 80-240mm zoom.

There should be a handle that attaches to the lens, with a trigger
that stops down to the preset aperture.  Other than that, it is a
"manual" lens.  There was a discussion and description and
some pictures taken with it about these beauties about a year
ago in the LHSA publication, "VIEWFINDER".  BTW, they are quite
rare.

I happen to have one of these (absolutely mint, with a hard
leather carrying case that is like new).  I sent it to Schneider USA
for a CLA service.  They originally bid the job at US $125.00.  By
the end of this debacle, it ended up at Schneider,  Germany, not
once, but twice, and it cost US $450.00.

Aside from that, it is really a nice lens.  Not as good as my f2.8
70-180mm APO, but never the less, a good performer, after all,
it's 25 year old technology.

Dave Stedman
- --=_C79500D5.2D4C21A7