Subject: Visiting Leica at Solms
From: "Boreham" <boreham@dial.pipex.com>
Date: Sun, 17 Aug 1997 06:31:19 +0100

Dear LUG
I was recently on holiday in Germany and called in at Wetzlar and Solms.
Wetzlar is a most attractive town worth a visit and is where the industrial
products factory is. We tried to find the town museum which apparently has
some Leica camera stuff in but we ran out of time without finding it.
At the Solms factory there are many interesting exhibits, both photographs
and equipment. The staff were extremely pleasant and helpful, checking and
adjusting the rangefinder accuracy on my M6s (one of which was not quite
spot on as I had suspected) while we waited.
We had gone hoping to have a tour around the works. Leica will do this but
need a weeks notice to arrange, so we missed out on this.The phone number
to arrange this is 06 44 22080. This is the internal to Germany number so
needs an international code. I'd be interested to hear if any luggers have
done the tour and what they thought.
Mike Boreham