Subject: Re: Storing Images
From: Dan Cardish <dcardish@microtec.net>
Date: Sat, 16 Aug 1997 21:25:57 -0400

At 09:46 PM 16-08-97 -0400, Michael wrote:
[snip]
>For the past year or so, since I became involved in digital darkroom work,
I have been scanning all of my best work from the past 10 years or so and
storing the files on CD ROM.  These have a claimed life expectancy of many
decades (Kodak claims 200 years for their CDs) and this makes me a lot more
confident that my images will be accessable to me and others in years to
come.  It also helps avoid the inevitable fading of color materials.

Do you think that 200 years from now people will have technology that can
read your CDs?  Can you read an 8 inch floppy that was made maybe 10 years
ago?   Or even a 5 1/4 floppy?

Dan C.