Subject: Re: later looks
From: "Gary Todoroff" <datamaster@humboldt1.com>
Date: Sat, 16 Aug 1997 00:16:08 -0700

 From: ted grant

> Other of my assignments for the National Film Board of Canada are stored
> similarly in the National Art Gallery of Canada.

Ted - the above comment sent me to my photo bookshelf where "Canada" (Nat'l
Film Board of Canada, 1973) was sitting between "US Camera 1956" and Galen
Rowell's "Mountain Light". I found "Canada" in a thrift store a year ago
for $2 - a great buy on a beautifully produced book. I especially liked
your image, "Alberta Rancher" and was also impressed by John De Visser's
work.

I noticed the dust jacket says, "This book was specially commissioned by
the Canadian Government in a limited edition for presentation to Her
Majesty Queen Elizabeth and Commonwealth leaders."  Did I find a bit of a
collector's item? I was impressed when I first found it, and now one more
piece of info on the LUG knits the "family" a little closer together. Nice
work!

Gary Todoroff