Subject: Re: Viewfinder Colors
From: ted grant <75501.3002@CompuServe.COM>
Date: 15 Aug 97 16:08:32 EDT

David Almy wrote:

<<Has anyone else noticed that the scene through the viewfinder is
significantly different than the scene sans viewfinder?>>>

Hi David,

The only thing I've been aware of is, how much more brilliant/bright the image
on the screen is. And under some light conditions the screen looks brighter than
reality.

Try each of the new lenses you acquired and see if you have the same effect of
"colour" in the finder.  It could be something from the lens  and not any colour
within the view finder.

Or maybe it is the effect of looking through the R8 to your eye, you not
accustomed to the Leica viewfinder. And even if you were a user of any other
version of R camera body, the R8 is quite unique in its image brilliance.

I guess the only question is , "How warm looking is it?"

ted